OMG, it is hot and dusty here in Trinity.
90+ for a good portion of the day. All of us needed to spend serious time in the pool, which we did.
I did get out for 2 hikes, which were both excellent. The Trinity Alps Wilderness is just above here and it was a highlight. The temp was a bit cooler up there as well.
Leia suffered a migraine this morning, so the "wild three" (Brad, Jake, Sophie) were sent out.
Leia suffered a migraine this morning, so the "wild three" (Brad, Jake, Sophie) were sent out.
The first hike, Jake, Sophie, and I headed up for a short walk in the mountains to Lake Eleanor. It was fun getting up there, as I got to use my 4WD for the first time. The views from up top were stunning. The hike was about 1/2 mile, but we stopped numerous times with my intreped hiking buddy. But it was all worth it for him as we made it to the mountain tarn, Sophie's first as well. She was so excited, running through the water and swamps. Jake, too, as he found a lot of great bugs, naming them all.
Later in the day while others were at the pool and Maddie stayed in the A/C, Sophie and I went to another section of the wilderness, walking up a river. It was a challenging walk, and we only had about an hour, so Sophie and I went fast and hard up. Again, no one else was up there, which is just amazing for such a stunning place.
Back at the ranch, Carrie prepared a great meal, we had a campfire and made s'mores and/or just ate the marshmallows as soon as they left the bag. Can you believe some people like their marshmallows burnt?
Hot day, but pretty good in the end.
Brad
No comments:
Post a Comment