Yosemite!
It was a little brutal getting here. Adding another 5000 lbs on the back of a sequoia is a little much for it. But the beast made it through. With a little help from above.
We loaded up last night and this morning, probably adding 1000 lbs. The truck did OK, but it was a situation in which I was really on. Each truck that came roaring by would suck in the trailer, pushing me into their path. It was particularly enjoyable through LA.
After the grapevine, over which I went approx 45 mph. The 99 was pretty good, me now really appreciating flat roads.
After Fresno, the fun started. We asked Cassandra (Our navi lady) the direction to the campsite from there. She decided that we must have been up for an adventure, as she sent us on the most terrorizing route through no mans land. It was not good; luckily the kids were oblivious; but the wife, was doing her best to keep it together. We went approx 30 miles in an hour. There were ups and downs, left and right, and I was still pulling a trailer! Hello!
We finally made it to Mariposa, outside of Yosemite, at about 4:30. So we went 315 miles in 7.5 hours. Oh boy.
The camp site is quite nice, but we are right next to many other people. Met some people from Toledo by default, and he told me his trailer life story before I pretty much could say "I am a trailer virgin". The discussion was over.
Anyway, it was a nice place and the kids met a lot of other kids. We did alright.
Brad
It was a little brutal getting here. Adding another 5000 lbs on the back of a sequoia is a little much for it. But the beast made it through. With a little help from above.
We loaded up last night and this morning, probably adding 1000 lbs. The truck did OK, but it was a situation in which I was really on. Each truck that came roaring by would suck in the trailer, pushing me into their path. It was particularly enjoyable through LA.
After the grapevine, over which I went approx 45 mph. The 99 was pretty good, me now really appreciating flat roads.
After Fresno, the fun started. We asked Cassandra (Our navi lady) the direction to the campsite from there. She decided that we must have been up for an adventure, as she sent us on the most terrorizing route through no mans land. It was not good; luckily the kids were oblivious; but the wife, was doing her best to keep it together. We went approx 30 miles in an hour. There were ups and downs, left and right, and I was still pulling a trailer! Hello!
We finally made it to Mariposa, outside of Yosemite, at about 4:30. So we went 315 miles in 7.5 hours. Oh boy.
The camp site is quite nice, but we are right next to many other people. Met some people from Toledo by default, and he told me his trailer life story before I pretty much could say "I am a trailer virgin". The discussion was over.
Anyway, it was a nice place and the kids met a lot of other kids. We did alright.
Brad
No comments:
Post a Comment